Saturday, July 14, 2007

Finally, a blog . . . and a pair of socks for my pal



Why a blog? Why me?


Really, I'm doing this just so I can post my little picture of my Sockapalooza socks. The socks are finished now, and the photo is old - from just after I started sock #1 - but I realized that I want to participate in the Great Sockapalooza Movement. And I'm frustrated as all getout trying to post anything to the Sockapalooza blog. I never did get the photo up there as a WIP, despite many attempts. (Not a criticism of Allison at all - just a growing pain of the movement - and a sign that I really need a blog of my very own.)



So here's the pic.


Hopefully, this view can provide at least a glimpse of what they're like. (Or not, if these are not your bag.) Unfortunately, my DH lent our camera to his brother to take to Alaska, so I probably won't be able to add any more photos of the finished socks before they're sent to my very deserving pal. I just hope that they live up to her expectations and put a smile on her face!


For the lace, I used a stitch pattern from the Oma's Strickmeister book. It's a wonderful book even if it is in German (which, luckily, I studied long enough to fake my way through the instructions). The general sock design is an amalgam of several sock patterns in Socks, Socks, Socks, plus a few adjustments of my own. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in purple. (Doesn't every woman need a pair of purple lace socks to call her own?)


Yeah, this blogging thing is fun. Maybe addictive, even. We'll see.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not part of sockapalooza but I would absolutely positively love those socks so if your pal is anything like me she will too.

Stacie said...

Yes, every woman needs a pair of purple lace socks! Lovely start!

mathiemom said...

Thanks so much to both of you! It's really fun and helpful to receive positive reinforcement for my effort.

Isobel said...

Purple lace socks, and such a glorious colour of purple - lucky sockapalooza pal. And yes, you will find blogging addictive.

T said...

I agree. Purple lace is an excellent choice.

Jenn said...

They are very nice! I think your pal will love them!