Thursday, July 19, 2007

On to one of those WIPs


Now that I've finished my Sockapalooza socks, I'm turning my attention back to one of my (many) in-progress projects: Norah Gaughan's Vintage Pink Cardigan from Interweave Knits (Spring 2005 issue). For those of you who aren't familiar with this lovely little number, here's the pic from the magazine.

I've made the back and am working on the left front. As it's plain stockinette with ribbing only at the borders, it's progressing pretty quickly despite the relatively small needle size. I can't wait to work on the right front, which has the lace & cable detail. I'm making it in Jade Sapphire 100% cashmere in a pale pink that is similar to the color of the original. The yarn was bought on sale with a generous gift certificate from my parents (thanks, Mom & Dad!), and the unbelievable hand of the cashmere more than compensates for the boredom of all that stockinette! Sorry to not have a photo of my version so far, but I'm still waiting for the camera to return from my bro-in-law's custody.

I'm planning on just a few revisions in the original pattern. I'm putting in a little side shaping (I'm skinny and not exactly, shall we say, buxom so a little extra shaping helps). I also have long arms and am thinking about extending the sleeves to full length, at least if I have enough yarn to do so. I like the look of 3/4 sleeves, but on me they often just look like the sleeves are too short - not a good effect.


No comments: